How do you make a sturdy fabric basket?
Use Layers or Thick Batting The first option, which is the option that she demonstrates in this tutorial, is to use layers of felt or a thick batting between the outer and lining fabrics. Other options to make the basket stiffer would be to use layers of thick interfacing or stabilizer between the layers.
How do you cover a basket with fabric?
How to Cover Baskets with Fabric… Sew or No Sew Methods
- Cut out pieces to fit all ‘faces’ of the basket.
- Pin the pieces wrong side out onto the basket.
- Pull the perfectly tailored cover off.
- Sew the seams.
- Finish the raw edge by trimming off the excess.
What can I sew for Easter?
Easter Sewing Projects
- Soft Fabric Easter Egg – Free Sewing Pattern – Orange Bettie.
- Make an Easy Felt Bunny – Molly and Mama.
- Drawstring Bunny Bag Tutorial.
- DIY Easter Treat Bags.
- Spring Bunny Wreath – a Free Pattern.
- Spring Bunnies in Love Pillow.
- How to Make a Bunny Puppet.
- Easter Gift Bags – The Sewing Directory.